CapitalNurse programme – Band 5 Staff Nurse
Applications for the current CapitalNurse foundation programme run on a rolling programme. Contact us today to find out about fast-track interviews for the next intake.
To find out more, contact email@example.com.
- Support to complete our high quality preceptorship programme or opportunities to consolidate existing skills and experience.
- Access to trust funded Mentorship in Practice training – level 6/7 qualification
- A series of action learning sets
- Support from expert / specialist nurses and nursing Darzi Fellow
- A named ‘super mentor’ who will facilitate development opportunities, including shadowing senior nurses, attendance at trust-wide clinical governance meetings and career conversations
- Experience across a range of clinical settings, with opportunities to gain competencies in specialist nursing skills
- Access to high quality educational support and learning events
- Access to London-wide career progression resources
- A guaranteed substantive post on completion of the programme
The programme is aimed at nurses who are within 12 months of registration.
As a CapitalNurse you’ll be started on an 18 month rotation programme, working for 6 months at a time within different areas, following a specific pathway. You’ll meet patients at different points during their care and gain a greater understanding of what it means to nurse holistically.
Example rotation options
Local and Specialist Services
- Inpatient assessment service
- Inpatient recovery service
- Psychiatric intensive care unit
High secure services
Mental illness or personality disorder pathway (includes central groupwork service and rehab therapy services)
- Admission/assessment ward
- Rehabilitation/recovery ward
- High dependency ward
West London Forensic Services
Men and women’s services
- Low secure: Rehabilitation
- Medium secure: Admission/assessment
- Medium secure: Rehabilitation/recovery